Nurture Spirit, Heart, Mind and Body
Presented by Rainbow Woman
Learn to apply a holistic approach to life, which means recognizing and nurturing the Spirit, Heart, Mind and Body and all areas of life and relationship. Ningwakwe will present a learning outcome for each of the four aspects and a practical way in which Aboriginal educators facilitate that learning outcome.
Presenter Facilitator: Ningwakwe (Rainbow Woman), aka Priscilla George, is a Deer Clan Anishnawbe Kwe from the Chippewas of augeen First Nation. Ningwakwe has been involved with cultivating indigenous training from the grassroots and international levels.
Ningwakwe advocates for the holistic approach to life, which means recognizing and nurturing the Spirit, Heart, Mind and Body and all areas of life and relationship. This is the foundation for developing positive cultural identity, which gives us the skills to walk successfully in two worlds – the aboriginal and the non-aboriginal.
Target Audience: Community organizations, Schools, Families, Recreation Managers, Literacy Programmers and Practitioners, Social Workers, Family Support Workers, Teachers, Education Assistants, Learning Coach, and Residential School Survivors.
Date: Monday, September 8 from 10 am to 3 pm. Networking begins early at 9 am. Please bring indigenous materials, your organization profile and any other information which you would like to share or display.
Location: Maskwacis Cultural College, Alberta
· Early bird registration fee is $85 per person includes refreshments, lunch, and a tour of the library and learning spaces.
· Early bird registration deadline is August 25, 2014.
· Registration fee after the early bird deadline is $125.
· Certificate of Participation will be provided and professional category A credits for social workers.
· Digital badges of participation will be provided to all participants
· Cheques to be made in the name of Maskwacis Cultural College, Box 960. Maskwacis, Alberta T0C 1N0.
· Online registration page http://ezreg.memlink.com/mccedu/
· Call us at toll free: 1-866-585-3925 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org